STAFF NAME: SCHOOL ASSIGNMENT: ____________________
SCHOOL DISTRICT OF BARABOO – COMPUTER, NETWORK AND INTERNET USE SUMMARY
Please read the following carefully before signing this document. This is a legally binding document. To gain access to the network and Internet, all staff must sign and return this form to the Technology Services office. If you would like to review the Acceptable Use Policy 363.2 in its entirety, this information is found on the Baraboo Schools website at www.baraboo.k12.wi.us.
Access and use of the School District of Baraboo computer network and equipment is a privilege and not a right. This privilege is made available through proper conduct and responsible activity.
The user agrees to the following terms and conditions:
· The staff accounts must be used only for educational and research purposes. This includes but is not limited to network and E-mail accounts. Use must be consistent with the objectives of the School District of Baraboo.
· Transmission of any material in violation of any U.S. or state regulation is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to copyrighted material, threatening or obscene material, or material protected by trade secret.
· Hate mail, harassment, discriminatory remarks or other antisocial behaviors are unacceptable in Internet and other network communication.
· Users may only use their assigned network login. Passwords may not be shared and should be changed regularly. Staff should log-off the network when leaving the computer station.
· Staff may not modify the configuration of district equipment. This includes but is not limited to installation/removal of software, changes to system settings, installation/removal of hardware.
· Staff members understand that they are fully and solely responsible for the loss or damage of computer equipment assigned or checked out to them and will be billed for the full amount if the damage is determined to be more than an accident that has neared neglect or unprofessional care to the device.
· District equipment may not be used to maliciously create/propagate computer viruses, view/modify/damage/delete unauthorized resources, or disrupt network/server operations. This includes resources on the local network and on the Internet.
· Network and E-mail use is not guaranteed to be private. Network administrators may review files and communications to maintain system integrity and insure that users are using the system responsibly. Any information relating to or in support of illegal activities may be reported to the authorities.
If a user violates any of these provisions, his or her account could be terminated and future access could possibly be denied and/or other disciplinary action could be taken. Individual users of the district computer network are responsible for their behavior and communication. Users must comply with district standards and will honor the agreements they have signed.
As a user of the School District of Baraboo computer network, I hereby agree to comply with the above stated rules and the Acceptable Use Policy 363.2 and agree to adhere to all relevant laws and restrictions.
Staff Signature Date