9/2/09: Your first assignment is to make a list of 20 things you did over the summer. These should include any activities, experiences, vacations, good times, bad times, or funny times you had over your summer break. They can be as simple as "I slept a lot" but keep in mind that you may have to expand on your ideas in the next assignment! Try to include everything worth mentioning. This assignment not only helps you reflect on how you used your time, but it also shows me a little about you and your interests. This assignment is due on 9/3/09. Please write it down in your Language arts notebook.
Here is an example of mine...
20 things Ms. Lawrence did this summer (not in any particular order):
1. I spent time at Castle Rock Lake on a boat.
2. I watched a lot of tee ball and baseball games.
3. I went to see the musical Peter Pan.
4. I visited Cave of the Mounds with my children and some friends.
5. I made smoothies with my boys.
6. I went to the pool.
7. I watched fireworks.
8. We went to Devil’s Lake a few times.
9. We went on bike rides.
10. I completed a book longer than any other I have ever read in my life!
11. I read the second book of the Twilight series. Now I am starting the third one.
12. We walked our dog.
13. We visited friends who moved to Wausau.
14. I watched some good movies.
15. I helped put together a baby shower for a friend.
16. I made scrapbooks for my kids.
17. I took some technology classes.
18. I did a lot of gardening.
19. We went to Concert on the Square.
20. We went to the Art Show on the Square.