The Snake’s Story…
• The assignment: Choose what point of view you will be writing from:
1. First person
2. Third person limited
Choose from the following scenes to retell the story…
from Nagaina’s perspective:
- starting with the line “Son of the big man that killed Nag,” on page 473 through the point where she enters the hole.
• From Nag’s perspective:
-starting from where he meets Rikki (page 466) through the battle that ends his life (page 471).
Important terms to know…
Protagonist: the main character in a piece of literary work (usually the one you are cheering for to succeed)
In “Rikki-Tikki-Tavi,” Rikki is the protagonist.
Antagonist: the character or force in conflict with a main character, or protagonist
Begin your story by doing the following…
• Complete a plot diagram for your scene before you begin writing.
• As you write your rough draft, include at least three vocabulary words from the original story.
• After you are done writing your rough draft, look for compound sentences. If you don’t have any, combine sentences to make at least two examples.
• Bring your rough draft to class on Thursday.
• You will either type or write out your final draft in class.
• Bring colored pencils on Thursday!